Sharath m. Gayakwad is an Indian Paralympic swimmer. He born in from Bangalore. He is form modest background but, he never gave up on his passion.
Sharath was first spotted by trainer Mr. Jhon Christopher from his school level ,this traning goes fro next seven years.
Sharath is the first the first ever Indian who qualify for the Paralympics and complete in the 2012 Paralympic in London. His shoulder having in injury from his birth, he struggle with that injury and he lead upto the Asian games in Incheon. He wins 6 medals.
At the 2014 Asian Game Sharath breaks P.T. Usha’s record, this record is for most number of medals by an Indian at any multi-discipline event. Here he Achieve 6 medals. Sharath has total 30 international and 40 national medals as his credit.
Sharath has also worked as coach for swimmer. When he retire from competitive swimming 2014, he stated coaching where he coached many national and state level swimmers from various swimming club in India. Now he is working as the “Program Director” of “Zee swim Academy “, in Bangalore.
When someone ask Sharath about his disability then, He says that, It is part of his body , he has accepted it and it doesn’t matter for Sharath. Again he said that he having disadvantage but, that disadvantage never stop him from achieving success in his life. He has also gone from such condition were he thought about give up but, Rahul Dravid encourage him and again continued his practice.
- He Achieve Two gold medals, four silver medals, and bronze medal at the 2009 IWAS world Games, held in Bangalore
- He win One bronze medal at the Asian para Game of 2010, held in Guangzhou
- He Ranked as World NO. 13 in 100m Breaststroke, in 2010
- At the IDM (International Deutsche Meisterschaften ) Swimming Champoin of 2011 which Was held in Germany, He Achieve two bronze medals and one silver medal.
- He win one silver medal and four bronze medals at 2014 Asian games, held in Incheon
- Asian record holder in 50 m butterfly and 50 m breastroke.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.